Children's Bible Clubs
Did you know...?
There are over 358 million kids in India under the age of 15. This map shows you the world's countries based on the number of children 14 and younger. Look at India!
It's not easy growing up in India:
- Child marriage is common
- Many children must work to support their families
- 35% of school-aged children are not enrolled in school
- Children born into the lowest levels of India's caste system are taught that they are less than human
- Illiteracy is passed down from generation to generation
- Girls are considered a burden because families must pay a huge marriage dowry
India's children need the Gospel's message of hope:
Children's Bible Clubs are bringing this hope to millions of boys and girls across India each year!
When you support a Bible Club, you are helping provide in-depth training for local volunteer club leaders and materials in 5 age levels and 22 Indian languages. It costs just $1 to send a boy or girl to a local Bible Club.
Children's Bible Clubs are introduced in a community through a 10-day program. If you walked into a Bible Club today, you would see children:
- Laughing & playing skits and games
- Singing "action" worship songs
- Listening to Bible stories
- Hiding God's Word in their hearts through memory verses
- Sharing their needs and gathering in prayer to Jesus
- Telling the ways Jesus has changed their lives!
Kids aren't the only ones who enjoy Children's Bible Clubs - often moms and dads show up at the club, too! They get curious when they see their sons and daughters behaving better at home, speaking respectfully, and trying harder at their schoolwork. And they want to know more about the Jesus their children are always talking about!
Many children in Children's Bible Clubs make a decision to follow Jesus. And these children are bringing their parents to Christ! Every year, new churches grow out of Children's Bible Clubs.